Bring Free Guests for Friends & Family Week, Flexible New Pricing & Teacher Pose Tips!
Bring Friends & Family to the Studio for Free!
Our Friends and Family Week starts on Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 8th and runs through Saturday, May 14th. During this week we invite you to bring any of your Friends or Family members to join us at the studio for a free class.
We will be offering our Unlimited Intro Month for the incredibly low price of $29 for all guests for this week only and it’s only available to buy at the studio at the time of their visit.
There are a couple of ways to sign your guest up for a class. You can go to our website (www.bodybalancewilliamsburg.com) or our branded app (Body Balance Studio), create a profile for your guest and register them to attend a class with you.
At check out, scroll down and select “Register as Unpaid” as the payment option. When you get to the studio with your guest we will give them a free class.
Getting Ready for Summer – Yoga Can Help!
We know life can be complicated, things get busy, and sometimes it’s hard to make it to the studio, so let’s make it a little easier! Starting May 1st, we are making a few changes to our class schedule to help you get ready for beach weather!
Hot Yoga is a great way to slim and tone your body so we are turning up the heat for our Tuesday and Thursday 6pm classes! This means you can now enjoy a hot class every night from Monday through Thursday!
And we’re changing the start times on our Tuesday and Thursday mornings to 8am and 10am and making all of our weekday morning classes 60 minutes long, so now you can easily fit a Hot Yoga or Vinyasa class in every morning of the week!
Upcoming Special Event
Renew & Restorative Yoga + Sound Bath
Saturday, April 29, 2022 from 11:30 – 1:00pm
With Amanda Jackson
This special event will incorporate a series of restorative poses followed by a 30-minute sound bath.
Amanda will play quartz crystal singing bowls throughout the practice to gently bring you in and out of the poses before settling into savasana where you will be comfortably supported by blocks and bolsters.
In this final resting pose, the singing bowls will fill the room with their healing vibration for a complete renewal of your mind, body and soul. $35 per person.
Flexible Monthly Membership for $89
Our new Monthly Flex 6 Pack membership fills the gap for those who want to practice regularly but don’t need unlimited monthly classes but still want to get great pricing on their classes!
At $89 per month, this is a great option for those members who can only come to 1 or 2 classes per week and it gives them flexibility to bring guest and buy more discounted classes!
This monthly membership includes a total of 6 passes per month; there are 4 regular class passes and 2 convertible FLEX passes that you can use for guest or use them yourself.
Another great feature of this package is that you can buy additional passes for $16 each that can be used for 30 days from date of purchase.
Bunkie’s Pose Tips
Warrior 1 (or Virabhadrasana I) is a strong pose that is often done incorrectly. There is alot going on in this pose and it can be difficult to achieve proper alignment. Always listen to your body and make adjustments as needed. Here are a few tips from Bunkie Righter to help you powerfully engage your Warrior I pose.
- Step back into Warrior 1, keeping your feet on parallel tracks, like railroad tracks (not a tightrope). If you feel unsteady, broaden your stance which should be hip width or wider.
- Turn your back foot out to an angle of approximately 45 degrees.
- Lift through the arch blade of your back foot and push down on the outside edge of that foot.
- Draw your front hip back and your back hip forward towards the front of your mat. Try to square your hips but make sure you’re not wrenching your pelvis into position.
- Your front knee is bent with your knee over your ankle and the back leg is straight keeping a micro-bend in the knee. Feel one long line of energetic muscle engagement from the heel of your back foot all the way through to the top of your head. Rotate your inner thighs towards one another and press your front foot down into the earth.
- Engage your lower abdomen and feel your torso lengthen and your chest broaden.
- Center your shoulders over your hips.
- Extend your arms overhead and turn your hands towards one another, bring your shoulders down and back away from your ears.
Strong engaged Warrior 1 – you can go anywhere from here!
Lately we have been hearing about some issues with our Branded App and the “View All” function from the home screen. We are working on correcting this problem, in the meantime, if you are having problems you can try downloading the app again.
Also make sure you are using our Branded Body Balance App. Go to the app store and search for “Body Balance Studio” then look for our logo. You can also use the button below to load the app on your phone.